The girls are growing, Kennedy weighs about 8 lbs and Ashlyn is a little larger and weighs about 9 lbs. We go back for their 2 month checkup in November for their shots and will get their official new weight then. They are both starting to get strong neck muscles so we are trying to do tummy time with both of them. They like it for the first couple of minutes, then Ashlyn will fall asleep and Kennedy will start to cry. I think that at that point they have had enough and get frustrated.
This past week Jeremy went to Florida for an over night trip, so it was Kellie's first time home alone and (overnight alone) with the girls. I was a little nervous about this, even though I am home all day with them, I know that Jeremy will be arriving home in the evening to help. I am glad to say that the night alone went really well. Ashlyn loves to be held and cuddled and often needs this attention prior to falling asleep at night. However, this evening after I fed her she fell right to slept and didn't wake up for 3 hours, just in time for her next feeding. Kennedy is really good about going to sleep, thankfully- it would be hard to have two that need the attention in the evening every night.
I ventured out with the girls to run a few errands during one day this week alone. When you have a baby, small trips take longer than usual to do... but when you bring out two babies you make a lot of new friends on these trips because everyone notices that there are two of them and wants to see the babies. So my 30 min trip lasted more like an hour. :-)
The Poquoson Seafood Festival was also this past weekend. It was beautiful outside, in the lower 80's so we decided to take the girls along and venture out for the afternoon. Jeremy got the classic Poquoson Seafood Platter and Kellie and the girls enjoyed being out and about. Next year will be alot of fun bringing the girls to the annual event.

I ventured out with the girls to run a few errands during one day this week alone. When you have a baby, small trips take longer than usual to do... but when you bring out two babies you make a lot of new friends on these trips because everyone notices that there are two of them and wants to see the babies. So my 30 min trip lasted more like an hour. :-)
The Poquoson Seafood Festival was also this past weekend. It was beautiful outside, in the lower 80's so we decided to take the girls along and venture out for the afternoon. Jeremy got the classic Poquoson Seafood Platter and Kellie and the girls enjoyed being out and about. Next year will be alot of fun bringing the girls to the annual event.
No comments:
Post a Comment