Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Snow Day!
We woke up Monday morning to a winter wonderland of snow! It hardly ever snows here so we were surprised and excited to see how the girls would react. Once they woke up in the morning, I took them downstairs to the windows and let them look outside. They saw that it was snowing and pounded on the window pointing to the white stuff. I was thinking that I might take the girls outside to experience snow for the first time; however, they both woke up congested and I realized that I didn't have any gloves to fit them. So, unfortunately, they will just have to wait until next year to play around in the snow. Here is a photo of our backyard this morning.
After lunch it was still snowing and I felt bad that the girls would miss out on the whole "snow experience". So I gathered a bowlful of snow off of the porch and let them touch it.
At first Ashlyn would shake her head "no" and didn't want to have anything to do with it, she wouldn't even hold a snowball. Kennedy decided that it looked interesting and pointed at the bowl and eventually picked up a snowball that I made and started to suck on it. I guess after Ashlyn saw that she could suck on it, she decided it was alright to touch the snow too. Kennedy was very nice and shared her snowballs with Ashlyn, I caught them doing so in the photo above. After getting used to the snow, Ashlyn realized that it was also fun to throw the snowballs that I made around. They made quite a mess but they did enjoy themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! Looks like the girls had alot of fun for a minimum of mess-- I like it!!! :)
Ellie did not get to go out in the snow since she doesn't walk yet... Wish I had thought to bring some in too :)
Post a Comment