Wednesday, April 1, 2009

UKROPS 10K 2009

This past Friday morning, Jeremy left with both of the girls for Harrisonburg and I left for a child-free weekend in Richmond! He had a Board meeting at Massanutten on Saturday and since I was planning on running the Ukrop's 10K in Richmond that same day, we had to figure out a game plan for the girls. Luckily for us, Massanutten Resort is close by to Jeremy's family in Harrisonburg. The girls got to spend sometime with Daddy and while Jeremy was attending the meetings Grandpa/Grandma Grogg, Jennifer and Tyler helped out. Unfortunately, Jeremy didn't capture any photos from the weekend :-( but the girls did have a blast and were exhausted by the time that they came home on Sunday! Meanwhile, on Friday afternoon I was able visit one of my high school friends Sherry and her new son Jacob prior to meeting up with Kara and her roommates for a spaghetti dinner prior to Saturday's race. On Saturday we woke up and were excited to see that the rain held off for us. Whitney, Kara and I ran the entire race together and we ended up finishing in 57:33 minutes! We were really happy with that time because our goal was to finish under an hour. I am thinking about running a half marathon in November... we will see.

No comments: