Monday, March 10, 2008

Trip to Pop's

Saturday morning we left to pick up Kara and take a trip to see Pop in Lynchburg. It was his birthday and since we had not visited his place since Thanksgiving we figured that it would be a good weekend to see everyone. Over Thanksgiving the girls were only 3 months old so they slept a lot longer on those types of car trips. Now, at almost 6 months, they normally only take about 3 naps a day, so they got bored pretty quickly on a four hour car trip. After playing with the rattle toys the only other thing they could do was eat, sleep or cry.
They did pretty well controlling the crying until about the last 30 mins of the trip. I broke out singing any and all songs that I knew. I can normally quiet the girls down with my singing (okay, I know that I don't have a great singing voice, but for some reason it does the trick!) I told Jeremy and Kara that they could either listen to me sing, or listen to babies cry.... they reluntantly chose the singing. After Jeremy and Kara got sick of hearing my camp songs that I have memorized, Jeremy broke out with "99 bottles of beer on the wall..." and we ended up singing that to them til we arrived to Pop's. Hey, it is a counting song right?? :-) Here are some photos of the get together. On the way home from Pop's we met Jennifer, Tyler and Grandma McIntyre for lunch in Charlottesville. It was a good break for the girls to get out and wiggle around a bit before continuing the car ride home. Oh, we are also happy to report that Miss Ashlyn is now able to roll over onto her stomach from her back. She has been watching Kennedy do this trick for several weeks and now she can join the fun. She did this over the weekend, but we thought that it was a fluke. After she has done it twice today, I say it is official!

No comments: