Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mimi's visit

MiMi visited for a couple of days this week so that I could get my hair done, go to the dentist, and go to couple of doctor's appointments. It is so nice to be back living in Virginia and have family close by to be able to visit easily! It was a great help for me to schedule all of the appointments back to back and get them done while she was visiting and spending time with Kennedy and Ashlyn.On Thursday night, we had lasagna and corn and the cob. Every since we have discovered that the girls love to eat whole apples and peaches I have wanted them to try real corn on the cob- one of my favorites as a little girl and today. At first they didn't understand the concept and just wanted to lick the butter off of the corn. But, after I showed them how they could bite into the cob they really enjoyed eating it and didn't want to share. Can you tell that they were excited?





After finishing up dinner, we cleaned up and went outside to enjoy some popsicles for dessert. We give K&A "Mini Melts" popsicles, which are perfect for them. They are smaller than normal and are made with gelatin, so they melt slowly. An additional plus is that I haven't had any issues with the juice staining if it does drip on their clothes. I highly recommend these for little ones! After Jeremy got home from work, Mimi and I went to the mall for some needed "shopping therapy".

Here are a couple of photos that Mimi took while the girls were playing. Ashlyn likes to wear hats backwards and put on backpacks, necklaces or whatever she can find and "dress up". Kennedy is just being cute and enjoying playing outside in the backyard on the slide and the sandbox. Mimi even got her to "pose" for some photos and then would show them to her after they were taken on Mimi's camera. Kennedy really enjoyed looking at herself in the photos and would giggle and point to the photos of her and Ashlyn. Thanks again for visiting Mimi and helping me out by watching the girls, they miss their Mimi already!




No comments: