Sunday, September 6, 2009

Where is the beach?

We spent last week at the beach with my cousin Joey and his family. Jeremy's racing buddy Alan and his family also joined us for a couple of days. With all of the people there we were looking forward to laying out on the sand and jumping waves with the girls. Unfortunately we never got a chance to spend any time at the beach due to the cooler weather and strong waves. Since the weather did not cooperate it forced us to find other activities to entertain 5 little girls during the day. Lots of time was spent shopping, eating out, going to the park and the Aquarium. We did enjoy our time and the weather did hold out for us to make it to the pool a couple of days thankfully! I would have felt a lot worse about not spending time at the beach if it had not been the 3rd week this summer that we spent there!

Whoa... look at Megan (Joey's daughter) and Ashlyn in the swings.

Kennedy loves to play with balls. I caught her as she was throwing the soccer ball over her head.


K&A with Alan's daughter's Shelby and Shelly.

They loved the Aquarium, it was a big hit! Ashlyn would walk around the place and say "Oh Whoa!" at every new thing that she saw. The statue of the alligator was a big hit! I think that they wanted to take it home!



Of course they had to touch the water in the fountain at the Aquarium.
Jeremy showing Ashlyn the sting rays which she could touch.
Kennedy pointing out the fish. Kennedy is not a big "animal fan". The time that I took her to a petting farm she was scared to death. But, I guess she thought that the fish and other animals there were a little bit safer in the glass tanks.

Ashlyn getting ready to give the alligator a big kiss!

No comments: